Aku dan Statistik

Aku dan Cerita-Cerita Lama:

Kata Carian

03 Ogos 2010

Aku dan Lelaki ini

Lelaki yang seorang ini akan sentiasa mencari jalan untuk menggugurkan kesnya. Kalaulah dia berada di pihak yang benar, dia sepatutnya menghadapi tuduhan dan bukan mengelaknya. Aku dah lama give-up dengan lelaki yang seorang ini...

Anwar: Strike out the charge!

KUALA LUMPUR: Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim wants his second sodomy charge to be struck out following allegations that DPP Farah Azlina Latif and complainant and chief witness Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan were having an affair.

Anwar’s lead counsel Karpal Singh told the High Court yesterday that he had filed an application for Anwar’s charge to be struck out.

He claimed that the integrity of the prosecution team led by Solicitor-General II Datuk Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden had been compromised as a result of the alleged affair, and that Mohd Yusof should “take the blame”.

“Farah would have been privy, of course, as part of the prosecution team, to investigation papers.

“There is a strong likelihood of Saiful having access to all documents, including the statement by Datuk Seri Anwar,” he said.

He said that as such, the charge against Anwar ought to be struck out by the court.

At about 11am, Anwar lodged a police report against Farah Azlina and Saiful, claiming that they had committed an offence under Section 8(1) and (2) of the Official Secrets Act.

Section 8(1) of the Act relates to any person who has in his possession or control any official secret, and communicates it, while Section 8(2) relates to any person who receives any official secret.

Investigation papers are classified as official secret under the Act.

“There has also been no denial on this allegation so far by the Attorney-General, Farah Azlina or Saiful. Now, they have the opportunity to reply to the affidavit,” Karpal said.

He also said that the alleged affair was a matter for the syariah court to look into.

Mohd Yusof, however, argued that they were “allegations without any substance”.

When asked by the press later if the prosecution was denying the allegations, he asked a question in return: “Do they (the defence) have personal knowledge of this (alleged affair between Farah Azlina and Saiful)?”

On July 27, Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail confirmed that Farah Azlina had been dropped from the prosecution team in Anwar’s second sodomy trial.

She was also dropped from the Prosecution Division of the Attorney-General’s Chambers for the same reason.

Anwar, 63, has claimed trial to sodomising Mohd Saiful, 25, at Desa Damansara Condo­minium in Jalan Setiakasih, Bukit Damansara, on June 26, 2008.

Yesterday, the court was supposed to hear the cross-examination of Hospital Kuala Lumpur general surgeon Dr Mohd Razali Ibrahim, who is the second prosecution witness in the case.

However, Justice Mohamad Zabidin Mohd Diah fixed next Monday to hear and dispose of Karpal’s application.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan