Terutamanya politik di Malaysia.
Mereka semua tiada perasaan malu.
Yang penting poket penuh dan kuasa kekal di tangan.
Mereka saling jatuh menjatuhkan.
Mereka terus menerus berkonfrontasi.
Walaupun sesama bangsa dan agama.
Isu DNA belum lagi selesai.
Kini muncul isu baru.
Apa perlu 'video' perlakuan maksiat ditayangkan kepada umum.
Kenapa tidak diserah kepada polis sahaja.
Aku masih tercari2 apa tujuannya.
Yang menuduh pun rasanya lebih kurang sama sahaja perangainya.
Aku dah bosan.
Mereka ni takda kerja lain ke?
MARCH 23 — In a nutshell, this is what we can surmise about the video issue:
1) A former chief minister who once was accused of having sex with an underage girl was in charge of a sting operation to bring down the leader of the Opposition.
Rahim Thamby Chik is chairman of Risda and still a connected guy in Umno.
Some conclusions we can draw: Rahim could not have done this sting on a whim and fancy. He must have received the green light from higher ups in Umno and the government. Otherwise, would he risk a date in court and possibly jail? So somewhere he and his friend who make up the Datuk T (trio) have a get out jail card.
2) Wow. Not bad. Umno and Perkasa are working well together, not only during by-elections but also in the dirty tricks department. Rahim Thamby Chik and Datuk Shuaib Lazim of Perkasa were two key members of the sting team. The third is currently in court trying to get a share of his commission for the crooked bridge. Only in Malaysia you can fight for commission for something which has not been built.
Some conclusions to draw: Birds of a feather flock together. Ibrahim Ali may deny this but Perkasa is Umno’s militant wing. They may call themselves an NGO but they are a wing of Umno. Their members think alike and obviously share secret aspirations of belonging to some covert black ops group. They also believe that nothing kills a political career like a sex scandal. I suppose Rahim has some experience in that department.
3) If it really is Anwar Ibrahim in the video, then he can say goodbye to his already dim chances of leading the country.
Some conclusions to draw: If it is proven that the man in the tape is really Anwar, then I guess I have only one question: how in the hell did you think you were going to get away with this, what with all the intelligence services tailing you?
4) Najib Razak has been on a roll with by-election victories. The momentum is clearly with him and Barisan Nasional (BN). In fact, the smart money is on Najib winning two-thirds majority in the coming elections. So why would the ruling coalition risk it all on a clumsy sting operation by three strange dudes against a politician who is already bogged down by a sodomy case?
Some conclusions to draw: Maybe BN is not so confident after all. Maybe it feels that even damaged Anwar poses a threat of sorts at the polls. Maybe Messrs Rahim and co believed that they would earn the eternal gratitude of the administration for killing off Anwar.
* Othman Wahab reads The Malaysian Insider